The Rehab Center at Richfield
Providing Short-term, Skilled Nursing and Inpatient Rehabilitation Services to Patients who are Still Recovering from Surgery, Injury or Illness
The latest milestone in our 80+ year tradition of health care excellence, The Rehab Center at Richfield brings a new level of comfort, experience, and innovation to patients throughout the Roanoke and New River Valley communities.
Located on Richfield’s 50-acre campus community, the Rehab Center serves as a bridge between an acute care hospital stay and the patient’s return home, providing a wide array of comforting amenities to create a warm, upbeat environment that parallels its state-of-the-art facilities.
Modern Rehab Facilities
While our approach to care is highly individual, personal and based on a traditional sense of caring and compassion, our programs, tools and protocols embrace the very latest rehab regimens, innovations and technologies, including:
- Best practices customized and coordinated with physician- specific protocols for optimum functional outcomes
- Aquatic therapy programs available in our salt-water pool
- Model home environment utilized in occupational therapy
- Advanced balance/gait recovery program
- More than 50 multi-function rehab systems and devices, including state-of-the-art HUR® exercise/training equipment
- Therapy offered up to 7 days a week depending on physician’s orders
- Comprehensive discharge assessment and planning to ensure continued recovery and well-being after returning home
The Comforts of Home
The Rehab Center at Richfield was designed to create the most successful rehabilitation environment possible by featuring resort-inspired amenities. With only 48 private rooms, patients enjoy all private accommodations that include:
- Comfortable furnishings
- Private bathroom with shower
- Wireless internet access
- Personal phone with voicemail
- Large flat screen TV with satellite television service offering a rich channel line-up
- Individual thermostat for climate control
- In-room safe and refrigerator
Rehab Center Amenities
Patients and family members can relax in our common areas, enjoy our beautiful outside spaces or enjoy a meal in our café. Other unique features of our rehabilitation center include:
- Meals made-to-order and delivered directly to the patient’s room or served in our café
- Café offering full menu service from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily. The cafe is accessible 24 hours a day for your enjoyment and convenience. Coffees, soft drinks, and other grab-and-go items are always available.
- Patient business center with computers equipped with Microsoft Office and internet access
- Hair salon/barber shop
Typically, patients in our inpatient rehabilitation program stay anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on their diagnosis and overall condition. Patients may be discharged home with outpatient therapy and home health services, or transitioned to inpatient rehabilitation with the goal of returning home.